24 Hour Emergency Service: (610) 775-9735
24 Hour Emergency Service
Home Generators & Emergency Backup
Your days and nights of sitting at home powerless to protect your family, pets, pipes and perishable groceries are over. Denny’s Electric Service is your go-to company to install (and repair) your whole-house generator. This will protect comfort-critical home heaters, air conditioners, refrigerators, computers, alarms and will allow you to still charge your phone – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! Depending on what items you would like to remain powered during an outage, we can provide different options to best satisfy your needs.
Below are some important questions (Generac) to ask yourself when considering a generator for your home:
Why should I buy an automatic backup generator instead of a portable generator?
During a utility power outage, an automatic backup generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
- The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed backup generators as a safer way to provide backup power to a home than a portable generator.
- With an automatic backup generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on the home’s natural gas or propane fuel supply, it is less expensive to run than gasoline and does not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage, and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home.
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you’re home or away, and they turn themselves off when utility power returns, so there is no need to monitor the unit during an outage.
What is an automatic backup generator?
An automatic backup generator is a backup electrical system that operates whether you are home or away. Within seconds of an outage, it automatically supplies power directly to your home’s electrical circuit breaker box. After utility power returns, the generator shuts itself off and waits for the next outage. It operates on natural gas or liquid propane gas and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit.
How do I correctly size a generator for my home?
The most logical way to determine your needs is to envision your home without power. Some outages may be short in duration, while others could last for days or weeks. What would your family miss during an outage? The very best way to understand your options and work within your budget is to schedule a free in-home assessment. During your consultation you will receive the personalized attention and detailed evaluation you need to find a solution that works for your needs.
- Essential Circuit Coverage – The generator is paired with a transfer switch containing a predetermined number of circuits based on the generator’s kW power rating. Each circuit is directly connected to a matched circuit on the home’s main circuit breaker panel, providing electricity to that specific appliance or area of the home.
- Complete Whole House Coverage – Easily cover every circuit in your home by pairing a larger kW unit and the proper transfer switch to provide full coverage. No circuit is ever left uncovered, so every appliance is available every minute.
Disclaimer: Services provided by Engineering Excellence National Accounts, LLC, d/b/a Berkshire Mechanical and Denny’s Electric Service, HIC# PA184323